Dr. Michael Wasson
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Wasson was born and raised in Little Rock, Arkansas. His lifelong passions for healthcare and athletics led him to Missouri State University. Although he began as a sports medicine major, he felt a calling toward dentistry and surgery. Ultimately, he graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Honors College with a B.S. in Cell and Molecular Biology and a minor in Chemistry. Upon graduating he enrolled at the Baylor College of Dentistry where he received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery and was President of his class all four years.
Following dental school, Dr. Wasson honed his surgery skills in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas where he was mentored by faculty of the renowned Parkland Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training program. This experience solidified his desire to become an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. The opportunity to train at the University of Washington (UW) – recognized as a top-5 medical center– led him to Seattle. While in residency, Dr. Wasson authored numerous peer-reviewed publications on anesthesia, surgery, and management of complications in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
During four years of intense surgical and medical training Dr. Wasson fell in love with the Pacific Northwest and decided to establish his practice in beautiful Seattle. In addition to founding Seattle Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, he accepted an affiliate faculty position at the University of Washington where he provided surgical care to children at the UW’s Center for Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Wasson now instructs residents and students at the UW School of Dentistry, UW Medical Center, and Harborview Medical Center.
Dr. Wasson is one of only a handful of surgeons in the Pacific Northwest performing TMJ and Orthognathic (Corrective Jaw) surgery. His other areas of surgical interest include:
- Dental extractions
- Dental implants and bone grafting
- Oral Pathology
- Office based anesthesia
- 3D Imaging and computer based treatment planning
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Equilibration Society
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle-King County Dental Society
- Swedish Medical Center
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- University of Washington Medical Center
- Harborview Medical Center
Dr. Wasson is an avid sports fan and loves spending time watching his beloved Razorbacks, Huskies, Seahawks, and Sounders. Other interests include working out, running, hiking, and spending time with his wife and kids.