Anesthesia: The Morning of Your Surgery
It is important for your safety that you follow these instructions on the morning of your surgery in preparation for anesthesia:
- Do not eat or drink (even water) for 8 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are on oral medications, please let us know ahead of time for instructions.
- Bring a responsible adult to your appointment with you. We will not be able to release you without one.
- Do not smoke for at least 12 hours prior to your procedure.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Wear comfortable shoes and loose fitting clothes – sleeves must be able to be rolled up past the elbows.
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry and dentures prior to your appointment.
- Avoid heavy makeup and nail polish on the day of your procedure.
- Remove acrylics from at least one finger to allow pulse oxymeter to function.
- Let us know if you have any illness such as a cold or sore throat, stomach or bowel problems.
Please call us at Seattle Office Phone Number 206-632-0220 with any questions or concerns you may have.