Preparing for Your Appointment
What to Expect
During your first oral surgery appointment with Seattle Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, you will have an examination and consultation with the doctor. We invite you to ask any questions you may have about your condition or procedure. We will discuss all of your treatment options, collect your medical history and evaluate your overall health.
What to Bring
- Referral from your dentist (if applicable)
- X-rays from your dental office (or have them forwarded to us prior to your first appointment)
- A parent or guardian (if you are under 18)
- Insurance paperwork (if applicable)
- Medications list
- Health history and current health information, including medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
Please have any X-rays forwarded to us from your dentist or physician before your appointment with Dr. Wasson. If additional imaging is needed, it can be performed in our office.
In some cases, we may be able to perform the procedure during your first visit. However, in most oral surgery cases, additional time is needed to collect information and prepare.
If you are undergoing any form of anesthesia at your appointment, do not drink or eat eight hours before your appointment. Please see before anesthesia for additional instructions or call us at Seattle Office Phone Number 206-632-0220.